checklist will help you in planning the most important day of your
life. Feel free to print it out and give copies to those helping to plan your wedding.
- Confirm all arrangements and contracts.
- Mail invitations so they will arrive three weeks before the wedding.
- Pick up wedding rings.
- Arrange for transportation to ceremony and from ceremony to reception.
- Attend final fittings.
- Have your hair and makeup done as you would like to have it on your wedding day. Schedule any tanning, manicures, etc.
- Purchase guest book and keepsake album.
- Contact your insurance agent about naming your fiancé as beneficiary on your life insurance, will, auto policies, & buying homeowners' & floater insurances to protect wedding gifts.
- Open joint checking and savings accounts. Decide on a budget and savings program. Discuss them with your financial representatives.
- Write thank you notes as gifts are received.
- Get marriage license.
- Give caterer final guest count. Don't forget the wedding party, photographer and DJ!
- Arrange to have your gown pressed and delivered.
- Arrange to change your name on driver's license, social security card, credit cards, bank accounts, insurances, etc.
- Make arrangements for moving into your new home.
- Pack for honeymoon.
- Give bridesmaids' luncheon/party and give attendant gifts.
- Confirm directions, housing, and timetables with attendants.
- Brief head usher of any special seating arrangements.
- Arrange for rental returns.
- Prepare wedding day fees.
1 Day Before
- Pack the "Going-to-church" bag, and an "emergency" bag.
- Attend rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
- Find a quiet moment to give your fiancé his wedding gift.
The Wedding Day
- Have a nice relaxed breakfast. You'll need it!
- Have hair and make-up done.
- Relax and let the planning take care of itself. Most of all, enjoy!